Not all "financial advisors" have your best interests at heart.
Some at large brokerage firms, insurance companies or banks will do cookie-cutter, software driven "planning" for free to have the opportunity to sell you products and earn commissions. Many of these approaches don't take into account your unique, personal needs -- and your vision for you and your family's future.
Most people think that all financial planners are "certified," but this isn’t true. Anyone can call himself or herself a "financial planner."
As fee-only planners, our focus is working to understand your challenges and dreams, and then developing a personalized, custom plan to give you the financial confidence and means to realize them. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ works with you to:
- Set realistic financial and personal goals.
- Assess your current financial health by examining your assets, liabilities, income, insurance, taxes, investments and estate plan.
- Develop a realistic, comprehensive plan to meet your financial goals by addressing financial weaknesses and building on financial strengths.
- Put your plan into action and monitor its progress.
- Stay on track to meet changing goals, personal circumstances, stages of your life, products, markets and tax laws.
Learn more about the ethical, educational and certification standards required of a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.