We work on a fee-only basis and tell you what to expect upfront. Fee-only means we are paid by you, the client, because we think that’s the best way to ensure that you get completely objective advice. We receive no commissions, trailing fees, incentive fees or any other type of compensation for any product or service that we recommend. When the management of your account requires the purchase or sale of securities for which a transaction fee is charged, you will pay that directly to the brokerage firm handling the transaction and not to us. Many of the products we recommend do not have a transaction fee.
There is no charge for the initial consultation, during which we can discuss what services you need and what we can offer. No surprises. No hidden fees. We have two compensation arrangements:
- Hourly cost to provide financial planning and investment advice with total estimate in advance.
- Flat cost for some projects, based on the complexity. Project costs are quoted in advance.
Hourly Basis Options
A plan often includes all or some of these tasks depending on your needs:
- Goal Setting or Prioritization
- Portfolio Analysis including finding hidden fees you may be paying
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning/Income Planning
- Education Planning
- Estate Planning, Tax Planning
- Cash Flow and Spending Plan/Record-keeping
- Employee Benefits and Insurance Planning
*Depending on the complexity of your finances and how much you want to do
Partial Plan Addressing Certain Life Events & Situations
Investment Portfolio Evaluation
SUBSEQUENT YEARLY EVALUATIONS: $600-$800
Includes an evaluation of portfolio(s), positions and strategy and recommendations for change
BASED ON Complexity: $400-$800
On approach or a product (investment, annuity, insurance, etc)