We work on a fee-only basis and tell you what to expect upfront. Fee-only means we are paid by you, the client, because we think that’s the best way to ensure that you get completely objective advice. We receive no commissions, trailing fees, incentive fees or any other type of compensation for any product or sevice that we recommend. When the management of your account requires the purchase or sale of securities for which a transaction fee is charged, you will pay that directly to the brokerage firm handling the transaction and not to us. Many of the products we recommend do not have a transaction fee.
There is no charge for the initial consultation, during which we can discuss what services you need and what we can offer. No surprises. No hidden fees. We have two compensation arrangements:
1. Hourly cost to provide financial planning and investment advice with total estimate in advance.
2. Flat cost for some projects, based on the complexity. Project costs are quoted in advance.
Financial Planning & Projections: Typical Cost Ranges
Financial Plan: $1,500-$4,000 depending on the complexity of your finances and how much you want to do.
A Plan Often Includes All or Some of These Tasks depending on your needs:
- Goal Setting or Prioritization
- Portfolio Analysis including finding hidden fees you may be paying
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning/Income Planning
- Education Planning
- Estate Planning, Tax Planning
- Cash Flow and Spending Plan/Record-keeping
- Employee Benefits and Insurance Planning
Partial Plan Addressing Certain Life Events and Situations: $700-$1,000
Real-time Planning and Recommendations to Get Your Financial Life on Track
Advance Analysis + 2 hour session: $750
Investment Portfolio Evaluation
Includes an evaluation of portfolio(s), positions and strategy and recommendations for change
Initial - $800
Subsequent Yearly Evaluations - $500-$600
on approach or a product (investment, annuity, insurance, etc) if you work with a commission
Based on Advisor: $200-$400
Business Planning and Coaching (click to view details)
Project by Project basis ranging from $2,000-$10,000
Small Business Retirement plan recommendation and/or set-up $600-$2,000 depending on plan type
The Way Advisors Get Paid (click to view details)
Think you aren’t paying fees now or don’t know how much? Adding up commissions, annual fund fees, transaction fees, front-end loads, back-end loads, annual account fees, etc. you could be paying thousands of dollars and not know it. Curious about how advisors are paid?
Annual Advisory Program (click to view details)
- Annual Review of your goals, financial profile, financial plan and investments. Recalculation, if necessary
- Personal conference call to gather and share additional information and changes in goals, if any
- In-person consultation, and a separate 3-6 month later telephone conference call with further ideas, suggestions and written recommendations concerning all aspects of personal finance including re-balancing of investments, if warranted
- Complimentary “Any-Friday” email question/answer service
- Email or written alerts when legislation, IRS or other events occur that may affect your financial plan
- 25% discount on additional hourly services
- One year subscription or addition to Money Magazine, or Kiplinger Personal Finance, your choice
Payable $1,100 by Dec. 31 for the coming year or $600 at presentation.
Continuous Service Program (click to view details)
- All Annual Advice & Review Program benefits
- Full time, business hours access by email or phone for questions (up to one billable hour per quarter including research time)
- Money manager/Broker three-way conference call (if requested)
- Intervention assistance with bank, insurance company, credit card company, or securities custodians to help with problem resolution (one, up to one-hour intervention per year)
- Quarterly reviews and summary reports of investment performance (duplicate statements required), asset allocation, and profile updating including a personal meeting or conference call
- Complimentary one-hour training session via phone on software, website, topic or issue to facilitate your use/knowledge (within our expertise only)
- Additional annual billable hours at 50% of rate
- Up to one-hour annual complimentary telephone advice for an immediate family member to include parents and children (excludes grandchildren who can use the discount billing rate up to 5 hours)
$3,000, payable $750 quarterly in arrears. This service may start at any quarter of the year.